Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Excerts from Chat with Joy Bauer of the Joy Fit Club

QUESTION:
It is just me and my son and i dont like to cook for just two. I have to be at work at 6 pm so I have little time to cook. What kind of fast food can I eat?

ANSWER:
Joy Bauer: Healthy canned soups (lentil, vegetable, minestrone, bean), lean ham or turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread with mustard or reduced fat mayo, egg white omelets with vegetables and reduced fat cheese, tacos made with ground turkey meat, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and shredded reduced fat cheese and salsa. Hope this helps a bit!

QUESTION:
[Comment From Brenda - Woonsocket, RI]
How do I gain some stamina to start an exercising program and eating healthy when everything is so expensive and I am out of a job. I just sit around all day and I haven't the energy to do anything about it. Please help me!!!

ANSWER:
Joy Bauer: Start by simply walking 30 minutes a day -- you don't have to be an athlete and best of all, it's FREE. It's my personal favorite form of exercise -- I try to walk for an hour every day. If you have an iPod, load on your favorite tunes and enjoy some solo time.... or, buddy up with a friend and enjoy a quality visit.

QUESTION:

[Comment From Butler Road]
What are your top three fish choices. I heard some are better than others.

ANSWER:
Joy Bauer: Wild salmon, sardines, and shrimp. The first two are brimming with omega 3 fats and Vitamin D! Shrimp is super low-calorie and low-contaminant.


No comments:

Post a Comment