Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1st Aqua Class

Well, today I went to the gym I had feared for so long. It was the 24hr Fitness with EVERYTHING! Basketball court, full gym facilities, classroom, pool, whirlpool, dry sauna and steam room!

Well I have always wanted to try the aqua classes, and for over a year I was like...uh no way! Synchronized swimming are for old ladies not divas! Besides I want to really work out, you know! I bust sweats with treadmills and elliptical! I make muscles sore with pounding weights! Not an aqua aerobics class! Well YES! I did! I did an aqua aerobics class and it was AWESOME! I am so glad that I did it! For one reason it was very good using my own body as resistance with no stress on the joints. Another reason is that being around the women that were there was the best! These woman were well past their 50's and they were still trucking! Hell, honestly it was hard to keep up with some of them. One in particular I can not wait to see at the next class, she helped me out so much! I was so out of sorts! But once I was engaged and using my core I was on it! However, I was off balance enough twice to land face first in the pool! Yeah, it was hilarious! I just needed to find my center of gravity while sitting and floating at the same time, but splat! There I went!

I honestly have not felt better after a work out! I know I will go back and sweat it out again in the pool of fitness! Yes, you can sweat while doing an hour of aqua aerobics! I can not wait...and then a soak in the whirlpool with a trip to the dry sauna! I am so loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment